The Bayford Group
The Bayford Corporate Story... since 1917
The Bayford Group is the longest surviving family owned motor vehicle dealership in Australia.
It began as a small Ford dealership located in Fitzroy in 1917. The founder of the firm, Dick Bayford, had worked for the Ford Motor Company in America. When Dick returned to Melbourne he was intent on establishing his own business.
Dick's enthusiasm for customer service was to be the guiding principle of the business over the next 90 years.
Dick's nephew Alwin was Managing Director from 1946 to 1976.
At that stage, The Bayford Group was a single franchise, single site enterprise employing 60 people. Today it is a seven site dealership employing several hundred people, and selling in excess of approx 500 new and used vehicles each month.
The Bayford Group was acquired by Autopact in July 2017.